- Members must be a Pacific Rim research library.
- Interest and demonstrated involvement in cooperative ventures among academic research libraries located around the Pacific Rim to improve access to scholarly research materials.
- Provide high quality services, collections, and resources that support research, academic excellence, and innovation for their higher education institutions.
- Have a strong global orientation and interest in collaboration and information sharing.
- nominations of new members (or requests to become a new member) are submitted to the Chair of the PRRLA Secretariat to be vetted by Steering Committee
- nominations/applications should address the above membership criteria
- PRRLA is affiliated with the Association of Pacific Rim Universities, so APRU member libraries (who are not already PRRLA members) are welcome to join by contacting the Chair of the PRRLA Secretariat
Annual dues are US$2000 per institution. The primary benefit of PRRLA membership is attendance at the annual membership meeting and interaction with other PRRLA members. To this end, membership dues are used to fully fund the meeting, including the costs of meals, entertainment, and excursions. Attendance is limited to two representatives from each PRRLA member organization. Exceptions may be approved by the Secretariat.
For current information about how PRRLA operates, click here.