2016 PRRLA Meeting | call for proposals
CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
The 2016 PRRLA Program Planning Committee is pleased to announce the theme of the 2016 meeting: From Vision to Reality: PRRLA Libraries as Strategic Assets for Research, Teaching, and Learning and issues this call for presentation proposals
We welcome proposals for presentations at the Meeting from all members. Proposals should include:
• Presentation title
• Presenters’ names, titles, and institutional affiliation
• A brief abstract (200 – 250 words) of the proposed presentation
• Brief biography (200 words) of the presenters
• Identification of one or more of the following subthemes that the presentation will address
New meeting sub-themes for 2016 are:
1.Libraries’ role in achieving institutional research goals, especially in areas with global or Pacific Rim impact e.g. health, management and use of big data, digital economy, sustainability, etc.
2. Libraries’ distinctive partnerships or collaborations with internal-institution groups or divisions related to improved teaching and learning, e.g. library alliances with museums/galleries, use of special collections in teaching, integration of library instruction in the curricula, undergraduate research programs, graduate education initiatives, etc.
3. Cross-institutional or external initiatives that are aimed specifically at helping institutions’ achieve their strategic visions.
4. Libraries’ own unique approaches to strategic visioning and planning that connect library programs, services, and resources to the broader institutions’ vision. In other words, presentations could focus on the specific ways that libraries can help achieve institutional goals and objectives.
5. Library collaboration with central IT units to increase an institution’s strengths and harness the best aspects of technology for research, teaching, and learning.
Proposals should be submitted by Friday, July 8, 2016. Submit your proposal here!
Twelve to fourteen program presentations will be scheduled, at approximately 20 minutes each with 10 minutes for questions and answers. The Program Planning Committee will review all the submissions and notify presenters by Monday, August 1, 2016.
The 2016 PRRLA Program Planning Committee is comprised of the following individuals:
• Philip Kent, University Librarian, University of Melbourne (Chair)
• Huang Chen, Deputy Director of Zhejiang Uni. Libraries
• Su Chen, East Asian Studies Librarian, UCLA
• Thuy Vo Dang, Orange County & Southeast Asian Archive Center, UCI Libraries
• Brian Flaherty, Associate Director, University of Auckland Library
• Nie Hua, Deputy Director, Peking University Library
• Adriene Lim, Dean of Libraries, University of Oregon
• Pin Pin Yeo, Head, Scholarly Communication, Singapore Management University Library
Please note that the 2016 PRRLA Meeting website is being continuously developed and updated.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving many outstanding presentation proposals!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.